While there are countless camera bags, they kind of all look the same. For function and style, why not get a cute camera bag purse? In this post, you’ll discover some stylish and functional camera bags and purses for women.
If you’re like me, you want to protect your camera with a bag that is functional and still looks great. If you don’t want to read the full article and sort out all the options, you should check out my top pick.
Top Pick: Rofozzi Camera Bag Purse
After sorting the options, I recommend that you get this camera purse by Rofozzi. It’s a stylish purse and a fully functional camera bag on the inside.
It holds a DSLR camera with a lens, comes in 5 colors (shown in canary yellow), and has a 24″ shoulder strap. Made with vegan leather.
Not your style? No problem. Keep reading to find the best camera bag purse for your next adventure.
Thankfully, you have many choices for your camera bag. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional or simply like to take pictures of your family.
You will discover everything from stylish bags with many features to hold all your accessories to basic camera bags that will only hold your camera.
Leather Camera Bag Purses
Is there anything better than a simple leather bag? It is sleek and sophisticated-looking while safely storing your camera at your side.
The camera bag purses in this section are either authentic or vegan leather.
1. Rofozzi Top Handle Camera Handbag
The Rofozzi bag comes in multiple colors. It is a very stylish camera bag that can easily double as your purse.
It comes with a nice liner that will give you all the compartments needed to store your camera safely. Remove the added padded liner when you want to use it as a purse.
- What Can It Hold: Holds a large DSLR (like Nikon D3200) with a lens or a comparable camera which weighs under 4 pounds.
- Storage: The padded insert has three pockets. That makes for perfect protection for a camera, lens, phone, and wallet. The bag itself has one long pocket and two small ones for using it as a purse.
- Size: 13″ x 9″ x 6″ at the bottom and 4″ at the top
- Material: Saffiano vegan leather with a cotton-padded insert
- Colors: Black, canary yellow, pearl blue (shown), classic brown, strawberry red.
Added Features: The exterior is water-resistant, it has foot studs to keep it raised off the ground, and sports a chrome finish on the twisting lock buckle.
It also has a 24″ shoulder strap, top handles for carrying as a purse, and a removable padded insert.
2. Meliae Mia Camera Purse
If you are looking for something stylish yet more traditional than others on this list, this is your bag. This model is the Mia bag.
It has an adjustable/removable strap with a stylish shoulder pad that can be worn on the shoulder or as a crossover for hands-free use.
- What Can It Hold: Holds camera bodies with a height of 4″ or less. And lenses up to 10″ in length (if placed horizontally, without camera body). Or lenses up to 5.2″ in length if placed vertically with the camera body attached). It can hold a Canon EOS 800D/Rebel T7i, under 3 pounds.
- Storage: It has three pockets, one large one for the camera and two smaller ones for lenses. On the outside of the bag is a zippered back pocket and easy access front pocket (both pockets are as long as the bag). The pockets are also adjustable.
- Size: Outside is 11” x 4” x 7.5” and the interior is 10.5” x 6.5” x 4”
- Material: Leather
- Colors: Black, brown
Added Features: the leather is water-resistant, and it has a strong magnetic closure. This bag also incorporates easy access to your camera, padded dividers, and shock-absorbent lining.
3. MegaGear Torres Camera Bag
The MegaGear mini messenger bag comes in a few colors and is a nice distressed leather. It is a crossbody style with a long, 53″ strap.
- What Can It Hold: It can hold almost all mirrorless models, instant cameras, and many DSLR models due to its removable insert.
- Storage: It has a removable insert that turns the two pockets into one large one. It has a front pocket for your wallet or phone and two side pockets.
- Size: 8.5” x 7.5” x 4”
- Material: High-quality Italian leather
- Colors: Black, blue, brown (shown), maroon, olive.
Added Features: Buckle closure, advanced shockproof liner
DSLR Camera Bags For Women
If you are looking for a bag to fit your DSLR camera specifically, these are the bags for you.
4. Meliae Madeline Blush Camera Purse
The Meliae Madeline camera bag is so stylish you will do a double-take and assume it’s only a purse. Once you open it up, you will see it is far more.
It is can be worn on the shoulder or as a crossbody. It also comes with a shorter hand strap.
- What Can It Hold: Holds camera bodies with a height of 4.6″ or less. And lenses up to 10.5″ in length (if placed horizontally, without camera body). Or lenses up to 5.2″ in length if placed vertically (with camera body attached).
- The Canon EOS SDIII plus two lenses can fit at the same time.
- Storage: It has three slot pockets: 2 large and one small, two detachable dividers, and the interior padded “basket” are also removable. The exterior has one zippered pocket for your phone or wallet and one side pocket for keys, batteries, or other small extras.
- Size: Exterior 12” x 9.8” x 4.5” and the interior is 11” x 7.5” x 4.5”
- Material: Leather
- Colors: Pink, black
Added Features: Customizable space; you can have three smaller pockets or one large one. The storage of this bag is exceptional.
5. Mcheng Camera Bag for Women
This Mcheng bag may not resemble a purse, but it is a delicate camera bag for women who want simplicity.
It has a foam-padded handle and shoulder strap with padded support to wear as a crossbody.
- What Can It Hold: This bag will hold most DSLR cameras with 1-2 lenses and other accessories. This includes Nikon (D7000, D5300, to name a couple) and many Canon, Sony, and Olympus camera models.
- Storage: It has two padded dividers that can be removed, side pockets, and a front zippered pocket.
- Size: Exterior 9.84″ x 6.30″ x 7.48″ and the interior is 8.66″ x 4.72″ x 6.30″
- Material: PU Leather
- Colors: Black
Added Features: It is waterproof and has strap loops on the back, making it possible to attach it to a belt or a backpack, and is your basic camera bag.
6. Jo Totes Missy Camera Bag
The Jo Totes Missy camera bag is another bag where the outside looks are deceiving.
This bag not only has three pockets on the outside of the bag but there are many different pockets and compartments inside as well.
- What Can It Hold: This bag can carry a wide-bodied DSLR camera, extra lens, and a laptop that is up to 15″-wide, which makes this one large camera bag.
- Storage: It has two from pockets, a small back zippered pocket, one open pocket inside, a zippered pocket, and four-sectioned divided removable Velcro dividers, which result in five removable pads.
- Size: Exterior 16” x 11.50” x 6.25” and the interior is 15.75” x 6.3” x 11.81”
- Material: Unlisted on the product page
- Color: Mint green
Added Features: Has protective foam added to every part of the bag, a removable crossbody strap for added comfort, and tons of storage. Its straps are short and round, and the bag alone weighs almost four pounds. It comes with a crossbody strap.
Here are some great backpacks for GoPro and other action cameras.
And with one of these backpack mounts, you can add your GoPro to any bag, purse, or backpack.
Stylish Camera Purses for Women
For those who want to carry their camera safely and want to do it with a little style, here are a few bags for you.
7. Jo Totes Camera Bag Purse
This Jo Totes Gracie camera bag is a very stylish mint color. Not only are there four outside pockets, but the inside is packed full of compartments. Perfect for holding your wide-bodied DSLR camera, lens, and extra items from your purse.
- What Can It Hold: It can easily hold a larger DSLR camera, extra lenses, and regular purse items.
- Storage: The Jo Toes has two front magnetic closure pockets, one front zippered pocket, and one back open pocket with a zippered pocket inside. On the inside, you will find a zippered tablet pocket and a smaller zippered pocket for your keys/phone. This bag also has four removable dividers.
- Size: 13.25” x 13” x 4.75”
- Material: Interior is silky grey cotton, and the exterior is nylon
- Color: Mint green
Added Features: Tons of storage, a large bag that can hold a smaller laptop, tablet, or a large camera
8. Marc Jacobs Snapshot (for Small Cameras)
While this beautiful Marc Jacobs Snapshot camera bag will not hold a large camera, it is the perfect small bag for those who favor beauty over lots of storage. It comes in a few color choices that are all sleek.
- What Can It Hold: This stylish bag will hold small point-and-shoot cameras – and maybe some mirrorless.
- Storage: Two interior compartments and one small card pocket,
- Size: 7” x 4”
- Material: Leather cowhide
- Colors: French Grey (shown), Dust, New Blue Sea
Added Features: Dust bag included, thick shoulder strap for comfort; this bag can be worn as a crossbody or on the shoulder.
9. Jo Totes Allison Camera Purse
This Allison camera bag is a small chic black handbag. It looks like a simple leather purse but holds quite a bit. Its adjustable padded strap allows you to wear it on the shoulder comfortably.
- What Can It Hold: You can store a large DSLR camera with attached lens. Plus 1-2 additional lenses, phone, and other extras in the many pockets.
- Storage: The three outside front zippered pockets are just the beginning of the storage options. There is also an open back pocket with a zippered pocket inside. Inside are a zippered tablet pocket and a zippered phone/keys pocket with removable dividers.
- Size: 10″ x 12″ x 5″
- Material: Vegan Leather
- Color: Black
Added Features: A protective layer of foam is added to the whole bag.
10. Rofozzi Hobo Tote Camera Purse
This Hobo Tote camera bag is unique, not only with its print but the style in general. It can hold everything you need and comfortably carry around using the padded shoulder strap.
- What Can It Hold: The padded insert can hold a camera, lens, wallet, phone, and other accessories. This bag can hold a Nikon D3200 or a similar-size camera.
- Storage: This Rofozzi has three larger compartments inside the padded removable liner, a zippered back pocket, and a long thin pocket. If you remove the padded liner, you will have one large area that can double as a purse.
- Size: 12” x 8.5” 5.5”
- Material: Soft vegan leather
- Colors: White with red (shown), croc red
Added Features: The bag has a handle strap and a removable shoulder strap. It also has a studded bottom to help protect your camera.
Take a load off with these 15 best camera harnesses and straps
Want to get more out of your DSLR? Here’s how to use it as a webcam.
Camera Backpacks for Women
If you want a completely hands-free experience while still having every accessory you could possibly need on your back, a backpack will be your go-to choice.
11. GoGroove Full Sized Camera Backpack
This full sized DSLR camera backpack is packed full of storage space. It also comes in a few different patterns to meet your style. It is the only camera bag you would need.
- What Can It Hold: Everything but the kitchen sink. Not only can it hold your laptop, camera, multiple lenses, and every extra you can throw in there, it will also hold your tripod.
- Storage: The front unzips to hold a camera, lens, flash, batteries, and more in its 9.5″ x 10″ x 5″ storage space. It also sports zipper pockets, small accessory storage, a laptop/tablet compartment that can hold up to a 15.5″ laptop, a large open area for any oversized accessories, and even a tripod holder.
- Size: 17″ x 12″ x 7″
- Material: Nylon and fabric
- Colors: Black (shown), galaxy, green, grey, red, tan, tropical (shown)
Added Features: Want a waterproof rain cover? This bag has one. It also has accessory pockets all over, adjustable dividers, heavy-duty buckles, a padded shoulder strap, a luggage handle slot, a 3-year warranty, and waist straps to keep the bag from bouncing around, securing it safely to you.
12. GoGroove Mid-Sized Camera Backpack
This mid-sized DSLR backpack is very close to the previous bag on the list. It is a different style but has many of the same pockets and is just a size down.
- What Can It Hold: It will hold your laptop, camera, multiple lenses, and extras, including your tripod.
- Storage: The front unzips to hold a camera, lens, flash, batteries, small accessory storage, tablet compartment, a large open area for any oversized accessories, and even a tripod holder. It also has adjustable dividers.
- Size: Interior is 13.5” x 9” and exterior is 15” x 10” x 7”
- Material: Nylon and Fabric
- Colors: Pink, blue, purple
Added Features: Padded shoulder straps, rain cover, you can also wear it as a sling bag, and it comes with a 3-year warranty. It also boasts easy side access to allow you to grab your camera quickly.
Concerned about theft? Here are the best anti-theft backpacks and locks to keep your gear in your hands.
Mirrorless Camera Bags for Women
Your mirrorless camera may be lighter/smaller, but you still want a stylish bag where you can safely carry it.
Many have an adjustable shoulder strap that can be carried as a crossbody or on the shoulder.
13. CADeN Retro Shoulder Camera Bag
This sophisticated and small crossbody shoulder bag is the perfect accessory for any new photographer. Although you may not be able to fit a lot of accessories, it will hold the essentials. Its size allows you to carry it anywhere.
- What Can It Hold: A mirrorless camera, lens, phone, and a notebook with other smaller accessories.
- Storage: Two inner pockets perfect for phones, an open back pocket, a removable Velcro divider that can help to pad your camera and lens. Remove it for one large storage area to store anything you need.
- Size: 9.1” x 7.1” x 3.94”
- Material: Leather buckles and 600D high-density nylon
- Color: Black, grey (shown)
Added Features: Waterproof, shockproof, very durable alloy hooks, Velcro and button closure, all of the seams and stitching are strengthened, 1-year exchange warranty for a faulty product.
14. Evecase Shoulder Bag for Mirrorless Camera
This warm and natural-looking bag is a great addition to your camera bag collection. It can be carried as a crossbody, on the shoulder, or on your belt with the added strong belt strap on the back to allow you to be hands-free.
The strap can also be removed, and this smaller bag can be put inside a large bag.
- What Can It Hold: One mirrorless/smaller camera, lens, and phone or keys. It can hold a Nikon Coolpix L340 or similar cameras.
- Storage: Front pocket with a hidden zippered pocket inside; one large area with a removable Velcro divider.
- Size: Exterior 7.5″ X 4.7″ X 5.9″ and the interior camera compartment was 6.2″ x 5.2″ x 3.2″ and the front pocket is 6.3″ x 3.5″
- Material: Canvas and faux leather straps
- Color: Brown with tan
Added Features: Button closure, removable shoulder strap, padded for extra protection.
15. CADeN Shoulder Camera Bag
The Caden is yet another stylish smaller bag. It can be carried on your shoulder with a wide comfortable strap.
The strap can hold over 100 pounds of weight. So, it won’t be wearing out anytime soon. There is just enough space to carry your camera and a few accessories around easily.
- What Can It Hold: It can hold your mirrorless camera, lens, battery, phone, and other accessories.
- Storage: It has two thin inner pockets perfect for phones or batteries. The main area has three compartments and a back outer open pocket with a hidden zippered pocket inside.
- Size: 9.5” x 3.9” x 6.7”
- Material: 900D polyester nylon – 7-layer padding that’s 18mm thick
- Color: Grey
Added Features: High-density waterproof material, Velcro closure, shockproof padding that will not change shape, 1-year exchange warranty for quality issues, very sturdy bag, scratch-resistant material, and a steel buckle.
16. Mcheng Women’s Camera Bag
When you cross a traditional black camera bag with today’s trends, you get this stylish camera bag/purse. You can crossbody carry, carry on the shoulder, or use the added belt strap to attach it to your belt for hands-free carrying.
It may not have all the bells and whistles of the others on the list but can easily hold all your essentials.
- What Can It Hold: Your mirrorless camera is in the main compartment and your phone or other small accessories are in the side pockets of this camera bag. It can hold an EOS 77D or something similar.
- Storage: Open to hold your mirrorless cameras, and it has two zippered side pockets
- Size: Interior 11.5” x 14” x 8.5” and the exterior is 13” x 16.5” x 12”
- Material: PU Leather
- Color: Black
Added Features: Waterproof, handle strap, removable shoulder strap, easy but durable zippers, shockproof, lightweight.
Read more about the best dry bags for keeping your gear dry.
Which Camera Bag Purse Will Carry Your Camera?
There are many different bags to choose from, and we hope that no matter your style, camera, or budget – you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for on this list. After spending good money on your camera, protecting it just makes sense. And why not do it in style? 🙂
Let me know which model you’re planning on using. Did I miss your favorite? Share it below!
More Reading: 10 Best GoPro Cases for Travel
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Dena Haines is a co-founder and blogger on GudPixel. We cover action cameras and outdoor photography with a focus on GoPro cameras.
She also blogs about travel at Storyteller.Travel and is a partner at Storyteller Media, a publishing company she started with her husband, Bryan.